Most of us use some kind of cosmetics or skin care products regularly. You might be surprised to find out if more than 90 percent of cosmetics contain at least one or more chemicals and synthetic bias causes skin disorders, and even cancer.
1. Diethanolamine (DEA) can be found in products lotions, soaps and shampoos. These chemicals are not harmful. However, when combined with other substances, DEA can be transformed as a carcinogen called nitrosodiethanolamine (NDEA). NDEA can be absorbed easily by the skin.
2. Parabens are generally known as methyl, propyl, ethylparaben or butylparaben. Some reports suggest that these substances pose a risk of breast cancer. A study by the FDA stating that parabens are not dangerous to use a very small level. But, with thousands and thousands of products that contain paraben, parabens likely will threaten the health and life.
3. Formaldehyde is also known as diazolidinyl urea DMDM hydantoin, urea Imidazalidol hydroxymethylglycinate Sodium, N-(Hydroxymethyl) glycine, monosodium salt, and quaternium-15, is a common ingredient used in some beauty products. Some of them are used as an alternative to parabens preservatives. Formaldehyde has been classified as a carcinogen since mid-2004. Also known to cause irritation of the throat, eyes, nose, cancer and asthma.
4. Phenylenediamine (PPD) is often used in cosmetic dyes. Although PPD is not approved for products that come in contact with the skin, hair dyes normally would on your forehead or ear and leave it for at least 25 minutes.
5. Phthalates mainly used in nail polish. This substance is a hot topic for allegedly disturbing the endocrine system which can cause adverse effects on the reproductive and neurological men and women.
6. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) are widely used in soaps and shampoos. SLS and SLES cause irritation to skin, eyes, scalp. Also cause swelling of the face, hands and arms. There are also reports that both lead to frizz.
7. Petrolatum is often used in the cosmetic industry because of its lower cost. However, some say the fact that petrolatum can cause acne and premature aging. It also causes decreased immunity to low contamination.
8. Triclosan is the active ingredient contained in most liquid antibacterial soap, toothpaste, deodorant and acne treatments. Triclosan accumulates in fat and can multiply in humans and animals. The negative effect is that it can cause thyroid dysfunction and react with chlorine.
9. Toluene, a solvent used in the manufacture of paints, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, rubber and paint nails. Toluene is toxic to the nervous and respiratory systems in order to cause you suffer from vertigo and headaches. Also allegedly biased cause miscarriages and birth.
10. Fragrance found in sunscreens, body and skin care, shampoo and some baby products. This substance contains many compounds that are carcinogenic or toxic. The symptoms caused by disorders fragrance include headaches, dizziness, rashes, skin discoloration, coughing, vomiting, skin irritation and allergies.
11. Triethanolamine (TEA) was used to balance PH and is an ingredient in cosmetics to soften skin. TEA absorbed through the skin and as a result can be toxic. The signs are allergies, dry hair and skin, red eyes and irritation
12. Hydroquinone is a skin lightening ingredients that are illegal in Japan, Australia, and Europe. These chemicals are allowed in personal care products in the United States with a maximum concentration of 2 percent. Hydroquinone is used in skin lightening creams. The effect, in addition to reducing melanin, also can increase the penetration of UVA and UVB rays on the skin.
13. BHA (butyl hydroxyanisole) and BHT (butyl hidroksitoluen) can be found in sunscreen products and lipstick. You can also find it on some food. Both are toxic to the liver, lowered immunity, interfere with breathing and nervous system.
14. Talc is present in everyday cosmetics like rouge and baby powder. U.S. Department of Health's National Institutes of Health (NIH) has encouraged classify it as a carcinogen, but their efforts have failed up to date.
15. Nanoparticles are materials added to bronzers, eye shadow, sunscreen and lotion. This substance can be absorbed into the bloodstream. And ... can lead to poor inflammatory responses, oxidative stress and cell damage.
Source : infoseputarwanita