Some people think, drinking coffee is a bad habit. In certain circumstances, this can be considered true. In pregnant women, for example, they should avoid caffeine because it can cause complications in the fetus.
But on the other hand, some studies have revealed that coffee has therapeutic benefits as long as it is consumed in the right quantities.
The following are benefits and adverse effects that you should be aware of drinking coffee:
* Tea, coffee, and chocolate are a natural source of caffeine. All three have different uses and provide many nutrients and antioxidants.
* Research has shown that both intact and coffee beans have a remarkable ability to protect the brain. Evidence shows that Latin American society often milled coffee from whole coffee beans have a small risk of getting Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease.
* Coffee increases your metabolism by 20 percent, according to the study. It could even trigger the mechanism of muscle tissue rejuvenation.
* According to a study, consuming the equivalent of two cups of coffee an hour before exercise can also help reduce the risk of muscle pain by 48 percent. Before the exercise, the coffee will stimulate the production of energy and fat burning.
* Caffeine did capture an inhibition of glutamate in your brain, making you alert and ready to move.
* Caffeine is not isolated health benefits of coffee beans and can be toxic.
* Drying and roasting coffee beans have a negative impact on health. You can detect the smell the aroma of coffee quality. Coffee that does not have a good aroma may be stale and useless if consumed.
* Drinking black coffee, have no sugar. Replenish the sugar will not provide the benefits it will cause insulin resistance.
* Coffee is acid-forming substances in your body. Excessive acidification in the body can cause the muscles and bones masalaha, and increase the risk of degenerative diseases. So, if you drink coffee, make sure your intake of raw fruits and vegetables are high against the acidity of coffee.
* Drinking coffee after a workout is wrong.
* Most of the coffee produced was contaminated with pesticides. For security, you can buy organic coffee that is free of pesticides.
* Coffee is a powerful substance, and can affect the adrenal glands. If you are experiencing decreased adrenal function, you should be careful to drink coffee.
Source : health.kompas.com